Kokkini Hani is a coastal settlement with 1.154 residents in the prefecture of Heraklion. It depends in the Municipality of Gouves and it is one from the settlements that constitute the Municipal apartment of Anopoli. It is found in the 14th kilometre of central road artery to Lasithi, in the region of Vathianos Kampos.
The Eastern department of the settlement depends in the Municipal apartment of Anopoli and the westerner, that is said Vathianos Kampos, belongs in the Municipal apartment of Kato Vathias.
The residents deal mainly with the tourism and also with the culture horticultural in greenhouses and in open gardens. In the centre of the settlement is the temple of Agion Anargiron, which was constituted in 1938.
The region older was named Armylides. Its current name is owed in the fact that right from the street opposite from the camps of PIKPA somebody named Kokkinis maintained a caravansary.
In the region has been discovered archaeological place in the 14th kilometre of central artery Heraklion - Malia. Chronologically it coincides with the newer palaces of Knossos and Festos. The discoveries are dated by the Afer Minoan period. Some of them are earthenware jars, cupbearers, amphora etc.
Occupy extent about 1000 sq.m. square building with 40 rooms on a level with the ground, corridors and two paved courtyards. It had also an upper storey. It was useful as a residence for the sovereign of Minoan settlement. The building resembles with the buildings of palaces and the exterior walls has rubbed stonemasonry. It was thus destroyed by fire and the not roasted bricks in the internal partitions were roasted.
In the Palace of Niros were found the 4 colossal cupreous axes that is found in the Museum. There were also found not roasted banks with offers from raw clay. By them we figure that there were manufactured the utensiles of adoration and they were given to the faithful people by the archpriest, which remained in the palace.
As a settlement, Kokkini Hani was founded (from residents of Anopoli, Elia and Kato Vathia) and was developed substantially the last decades, when it was also developed tourist. Thus, were founded modern rural centres, taverns, hotels and remaining tourist lodgings and in particular in the western of the Minoan port of Agion Theodoron.